Osee Chapter 12 - Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
- Ephraim feedeth on the wind, and followeth the burning heat: all the day long he multiplied lies and desolation: and he hath made a covenant with the Assyrians, and carried oil into Egypt.
- Therefore there is a judgment of the Lord with Juda, and a visitation for Jacob: he will render to him according to his ways, and according to his devices.
- In the womb he supplanted his brother: and by his strength he had success with an angel.
- And he prevailed over the angel, and was strengthened: he wept, and made supplication to him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spoke with us.
- Even the Lord the God of hosts, the Lord is his memorial.
- Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and hope in thy God always.
- He is like Chanaan, there is a deceitful balance in his hand, he hath loved oppression.
- And Ephraim said: But yet I am become rich, I have found me an idol: all my labours shall not find me the iniquity that I have committed.
- And I that am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, will yet cause thee to dwell in tabernacles, as in the days of the feast.
- And I have spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and I have used similitudes by the ministry of the prophets.
- If Galaad be an idol, then in vain were they in Galgal offering sacrifices with bullocks: for their altars also are as heaps in the furrows of the field.
- Jacob fled into the country of Syria, and Israel served for a wife, and was a keeper for a wife.
- But the Lord by a prophet brought Israel out of Egypt: and he was preserved by a prophet.
- Ephraim hath provoked me to wrath with his bitterness, and his blood shall come upon him, and his Lord will render his reproach unto him.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Select Bible
- My Notes
Traditional Holy Rosary
No Luminous Mysteries!