Osee Chapter 11 - Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
- As the morning passeth, so hath the king of Israel passed away. Because Israel was a child, and I loved him: and I called my son out of Egypt.
- As they called them, they went away from before their face: they offered victims to Baalim, and sacrificed to idols.
- And I was like a foster father to Ephraim, I carried them in my arms: and they knew not that I healed them.
- I will draw them with the cords of Adam, with the bands of love: and I will be to them as one that taketh off the yoke on their jaws: and I put his meat to him that he might eat.
- He shall not return into the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king: because they would not be converted.
- The sword hath begun in his cities, and it shall consume his chosen men, and shall devour their heads.
- And my people shall long for my return: but a yoke shall be put upon them together, which shall not be taken off.
- How shall I deal with thee, O Ephraim, shall I protect thee, O Israel? how shall I make thee as Adama, shall I set thee as Seboim? my heart is turned within me, my repentance is stirred up.
- I will not execute the fierceness of my wrath: I will not return to destroy Ephraim: because I am God, and not man: the holy one in the midst of thee, and I will not enter into the city.
- They shall walk after the Lord, he shall roar as a lion: because he shall roar, and the children of the sea shall fear.
- And they shall fly away like a bird out of Egypt, and like a dove out of the land of the Assyrians: and I will place them in their own houses, saith the Lord.
- Ephraim hath compassed me about with denials, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Juda went down as a witness with God, and is faithful with the saints.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Select Bible
- My Notes
Traditional Holy Rosary
No Luminous Mysteries!