1 Thessalonians Chapter 3 - Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
- For which cause, forbearing no longer, we thought it good to remain at Athens alone:
- And we sent Timothy, our brother, and the minister of God in the gospel of Christ, to confirm you and exhort you concerning your faith:
- That no man should be moved in these tribulations: for yourselves know, that we are appointed thereunto.
- For even when we were with you, we foretold you that we should suffer tribulations, as also it is come to pass, and you know.
- For this cause also, I, forbearing no longer, sent to know your faith: lest perhaps he that tempteth should have tempted you, and our labour should be made vain.
- But now when Timothy came to us from you, and related to us your faith and charity, and that you have a good remembrance of us always, desiring to see us as we also to see you;
- Therefore we were comforted, brethren, in you, in all our necessity and tribulation, by your faith,
- Because now we live, if you stand in the Lord.
- For what thanks can we return to God for you, in all the joy wherewith we rejoice for you before our God,
- Night and day more abundantly praying that we may see your face, and may accomplish those things that are wanting to your faith?
- Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.
- And may the Lord multiply you, and make you abound in charity towards one another, and towards all men: as we do also towards you,
- To confirm your hearts without blame, in holiness, before God and our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, with all his saints. Amen.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Select Bible
- My Notes
Traditional Holy Rosary
No Luminous Mysteries!