- De-scent', the act of coming down.
- En-a'ble, to make able.
- En-light'en, to make them understand better.
- Pen'te-cost, the fiftieth day after Easter.
- Preach, declare publicly, spread by word of mouth.
- Sanc'ti-fy, to make holy.
- Strength'en, make strong.
- Whit'sun-day, white Sunday.
94. Q. Who is the Holy Ghost?
A. The Holy Ghost is the third Person of the Blessed Trinity.
97. Q. On what day did the Holy Ghost come down upon the Apostles?
A. The Holy Ghost came down upon the Apostles ten days after the Ascension of our Lord; and the day on which He came down upon the Apostles is called Whitsunday, or Pentecost.
99. Q. Who sent the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles?
A. Our Lord Jesus Christ sent the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles.
100. Q. Why did Christ send the Holy Ghost?
A. Christ sent the Holy Ghost to sanctify His Church, to enlighten and strengthen the Apostles, and to enable them to preach the Gospel.